Working at a hotel has it's perks. Sometimes you get free stuff. In this case... tickets to the San Diego Zoo!
San Diego is about 1 1/2 hours south of Orange County. I loved this zoo. I haven't been in years so it was great to visit. There were lots of babies and most of the animals put on a show for us.
Things I Learned At The Zoo:
1. Hippopotamas' are ginormous!
2. Baby monkeys get in trouble by their mama's too.
3. Gorillas are amazingly human like. Especially when they interact with their babies.
4. Big cats like to sleep alot.
5. Baby Bears and Koalas are hilarious when they try to get comfortable in a tree.
6. Polar Bears like carrots.
7. The San Diego Zoo is very hilly.
***A GREEN TIP- The San Diego Zoo does it's part to Recycle. They have tons of recycle bins for cans and plastic containers. You can also recycle your old cell phones there.
Here are a few pics from the day.
This is the most action we saw out of all the big cats.
Look at the way he is sitting. So human like...it's scary!
You see a lot of reflection from the window but how cute is this little guy playing with his mom or dad. His face is priceless. You may need to click on this one to see his face up close. Adorable.
This guy is in charge.
These guys were swimming all over.
About to take a swim.
This is a cool pic.
This position didn't work too well. His paw is soooo cute! ha ha.
Maybe this position is better.