Wednesday, January 21, 2009

What a Historic Day!

I know this is a travel blog.......but I just had to post a blog about yesterday.


History has been made. And folks, we just lived through it. Yesterday, January 20, 2009 Barack Obama became the 44th President and the first African American President EVER! Yeah, it was kind of an amazing day.






I'm not gonna lie, I kind of wanted to take the day off and just watch all of the news coverage on tv. I didn't want to miss a thing. But duty calls and so do my bills. So I went to work anyways. On my hour drive to work, I was listening to the radio and everyone was just so emotional which was making me emotional. With that start to the day, I totally thought I was going to ball my eyes out in front of my colleagues/friends. ha ha... Luckily, my emotions stayed in tact during work. ;-) They did have a tv in our cafeteria and another upstairs in one of the meeting rooms. So, I got to watch the main inauguration and speeches. It was pretty awesome.


I got to watch some of the Neighborhood Ball. Beyonce sang At Last for the first dance of our new President and First Lady. It was a really sweet moment. I'll admit that sometimes Beyonce is not my favorite, but she looked great and sang great. I was thinking how crazy it must have felt to her to be singing at this historical event for our history making new President!

Our new Vice President, Joe Biden also made an appearance (and a few jokes!) and had a dance with his wife, Jill Biden.


I googled and found a few pictures to share to mark this event. Enjoy!




Wow, look at the crowd. Crazy! Sure wish I could have been there.




This picture cracks me up. And how cute is Malia filming everything.



Our 44th President and First Lady



So cute.





You think they need a nanny? I'm available!




The Obama Family- Barack, Michelle, Sasha & Malia

No comments: