Monday, April 20, 2009

Credit Cards, Trips, Birthdays and Plants!



Bonjourno!!
It's been a while! I've been keeping it low key. Paying off credit card bills and other bills. Also got my tax money (woo hoo!) which of course went mainly to pay off bills. Now that the bills are paid, I can focus on saving again. Saving for a trip maybe??? That's my intention!
This year I am focusing on getting organized. Organizing my finances, organizing my house, organizing my closet.....you get the picture. I figure the more organized and "in control" I am, the more at peace I will be. Which will make me happier and more accomplished. So far so good! I'm very proud of myself for getting my finances organized. Yes, I've had no life, but I have paid off the bills which will now allow me to save for a rainy day and a trip or two. And possibly some condo renovations. I'm all about HGTV at this point. Sabrina Soto is my new favorite person. She has her own show on HGTV and guest stars on lots of others. (including the HGTV Green Home special.) I love that she is like Miss Fix-it. She knows all of the little house hold tricks and she does everything on a budget! I want to be like her. ;-)http://www.sabrinasoto.com/

I'm starting to get the travel bug again. I'm thinking about taking a small extended weekend trip again like my Nashville trip last year. Hmmmm where to go..... Maybe Chicago? or North Carolina? or Boston? Maybe sometime in the next few months. My birthday is coming up and I would LOVE to take a small trip. It's the big (get ready for it...) 3-0!!!! Noooooo!!!! I can't believe i'm almost 20-10! (aka 30!) Gosh. I definitely deserve a vacation for that. :-)

Since I haven't taken any trips, I thought I'd share a few pics from my "garden". The plants are actually on my front ledge since my back balcony doesn't get very much direct light. I am growing two sets of tomatoes and bell peppers! I love my plants and am super excited for them to start producing some yummy fruits/veggies.
My first baby bell pepper!!!
Here he is up close.
My Asian Lily.
One of my Tomato plants.
My other tomato plant. Where ever there is a yellow flower, there will be a tomato!



My baby bell pepper is getting so big! A recent picture of him. With a few baby ones.



Sorry this post has been so random. I promise to have more "real" travel posts soon. :-)
Happy traveling....travel bugs!













3 comments:

Mo said...

Well done with all your organising. We are very happy to look at your garden while you save up. Lovely garden and very practical.

Mo said...

Well done with your organising. Very happy to look at your lovely garden.

Amy said...

thanks for stopping by Christina!
I hope to have more pics soon. Let me know if you're ever in NYC!