Monday, May 11, 2009

Where I'm NOT Going...

In my last post, I told you I might be going on a trip soon. Well, I have good news and bad news. The trip I was talking about did not work out. This was the trip:


3 Nights, 4 Days in CHICAGO!!!!!
$230 airfare
Sweet discount at a Marriott in Downtown
and a Cubs game at Wrigley Field!!!!!
All on my 30th birthday weekend.

Sounds amazing, right??

**sigh**


The problem was not me but my friends!! :-) Either they had another trip planned and couldn't spend the extra money, just got an internship and couldn't get off work, can't take a vacation the same time as me since we have to cover each other's vacations, used all of their time off for other reasons or have another trip too close to this one, etc. So I am very bummed and totally in denial that it's not happening. I can't seem to cancel my room reservations. It was such a good deal.


Now for the good news. There may be a bigger trip coming up to take the place of this one! I can't give you more details yet because I don't have them. I'm still in the research stage. Checking out costs of flights, hotels, etc. I don't even have a set destination yet. Just researching to see the best deal.

Speaking of deals....where are the deals?? I thought since we were having a budget/economic crisis, there were supposed to be better deals on flights? Where are they? I don't see them. Very disappointed.

To hold you over until I get actual travel plans......I have some updated garden pics. Especially for my cousin Nina In Freiburg. http://ninainfreiburg.blogspot.com/ Who also loves to garden and randomly we like the same types of vegetable plants. :-)




Tomato Plant #1. This is the smaller plant but has huge tomatos on it. Can't wait to start seeing it turn red.


Bell Peppers are getting big!


New bell peppers are starting to grow.


Tomato plant #2- The big one. Had tons of flowers and now they are turning into tons of tomatos! Finally!!


Up close you can see some of the tomatos. Not quite sure how big these ones are supposed to get though.


My Cypress Tree. He's kinda puny but I still love him.


My kitchen basil plant. He's cute too.


Ciao for now World Travelers....

2 comments:

Nina said...

Argh. I am jealous of your climate over there, I don't even have tomato flowers yet ... And peppers never worked out either.

Hope your bigger trip includes Europe ;)

christine collins said...

Chrissy,
sorry about your trip what a total bummer! I love your garden though we grow stuff at my moms all the time! her tomato plants are amazing right now as well! Miss you!