Saturday, October 10, 2009

Next Trip......Seattle!

Hey Travel Peeps!

Just a quick note to let you know about my next confirmed trip! I'm going to Seattle, Washington! I've never been, so it should be fun. It will be another long weekend trip. 4 nights total. If we get our passports renewed in time, we may go up to Vancouver for a day. Fingers crossed. :-)

I have no idea what to see there so I will need to do some research. I know a few people that have been and will be giving me lists of their must sees.

This trip will be next month (November). So, with that said, I better get me some rain boots!!

***Any suggestions on things to do in Seattle from my fellow Travelers??

Travel Girl on a Budget: I found a round trip ticket from Long Beach to Seattle for $159 after taxes!! Awesome deal! I booked through American Airlines via www.Kayak.com. A good tip is to be as flexible as possible for your dates. A lot of the websites show when the cheapest deals are. I modify my trips to get the cheapest flights when possible!


Travel Girl Movie Picks for Seattle:
Sleepless in Seattle

Travel Girl Books for Seattle:
Twilight


See you in Seattle!!

3 comments:

Cristy Abella said...

I love Seattle. I've been a few times and I love getting seafood near the water. If you are into it, Seattle is Bruce Lee's final resting place.

Nina said...

I've been one day in Seatlle once, thinking it was cheaper to fly to-from there instead of Vancouver. I liked the market, I forgot the name but I think it is THE thing in Seattle. Some of my hostel roommates said there is a huge nightlife scene in Seattle, so check out in advance what is going on at night!
I liked Seattle very much to just wander through the streets too. It did remind me of Vancouver!
Have fun!

julie said...

i spent a ton of time in seattle this past year. these are some of the things i like!

coffee:
- victrola (in cap hill)
- vivace (also in cap hill)
- trabant (university district & downtown)
- herkimer (phinney)

other:
- brouwers for an AMAZING beer selection and really good food (fremont)
- persimmon for breakfast (fremont)
- gasworks park has an amazing view of the city (fremont/wallingford)
- go see the fremont troll, under the fremont bridge!
- also in fremont: the statue they drive by in "say anything", of the people waiting for the bus (it's called "waiting for the interurban"). sometimes people have dressed them up!
- pike place market is also pretty neat!

also, my seattle movie pick is "say anything"!

what part of town are you staying in?