Monday, July 5, 2010

TwiHards EVERYWHERE!

So this post is a little late. Thought you might enjoy it anyway! Remember a few weeks ago, during the whole Laker win rioting/parade week fiasco that was going on in Los Angeles? Yes, that was right where I work. Luckily I have a paid parking pass so I didn't have to pay the $40 fee they were charging for what they normally charge $4! I also left right on time after work to avoid as much of the traffic and chaos that I could. The place I work actually locked their doors during the game so that the festivities would not move in there.


Anyhoo.... on Laker parade Monday on my walk from the parking structure to my work, I had to dodge purple and gold decked out excited people from every direction. I'm happy they were able to celebrate this time in a happy in a non rioty and (some what) safe way. :-) Then I saw tents. People camped out for this?? I'm confused. Nope. It was actually people camping out for the Twilight red carpet/premiere. Which is what I found out later from some colleagues. But wait. The premiere is not until Thursday. And it's Monday. What??? They will be here camping all week! And so the nickname TwiHards truly fits.



It was an interesting few days to say the least. Of course the media was there all week. Last week was quite boring after the few weeks of Lakers and Twilight premieres. Oh wait. We just had the Anime Expo. Think costumes. And lots of them. I sooo wish I had pictures of that one. Always an exciting time at LA LIVE!! Allas....I did sneak a few pictures of the TwiHards and their campsite. Right in the Nokia Plaza in LA LIVE. Enjoy. :-)






Team Jacob!!!

1 comment:

Lost said...

There is always something awesome going on around your work. Seriously jealous.