Saturday, October 23, 2010

Pack This....

Just found a new luggage/packing product! Eagle Creek Folders and Cubes.

My friend just went to Europe and when I went to her house to pick her up she was just finishing packing. Her suitcase looked amazing! So organized and it looked like she barely had anything in there. Plenty of room for souvenirs!

Now, granted I have learned to pack lighter. I used to use the big suitcase for every trip. However, now that you pay for checking bags at the airport (and the fact that lugging a huge suitcase around big cities is NOT fun), I have learned to use the small rolling suitcase you don't have to check. Needless to say, I am excited to try out these products.

They are a bit pricy. Ranging from $24-$35 each. I bought one for now and may add to my collection.


Here is the Packing Folder:



You use the folding template shown in the picture above to fold your shirts/pants/etc. This makes sure they are folded neatly and in the same size. Once you have the clothes stacked in the middle, you put the template on top and close the folder tight. So, all of your clothes are inside the folder. They have 4 different sizes. Each size holds different amounts of clothes. My friend had 2 sizes. So all that was in her suitcase clothes wise were these 2 folders. Nice and compact.
They also have other products such as packing cubes. Packing cubes are good for such things as socks, underwear, undershirts, etc. They have tons of different sizes. I got one like the picture below. You can get these products at specialty luggage stores or The Container Store.
There are tons of other fun luggage goodies out there too. Sleeves for your shoes so you keep your luggage clean. Small containers so you can put your favorite products in them instead of bringing your full size products. Toiletry bags for organizing. And many, many more! I wish I could buy them all! I love luggage stuff!!!
I will let you know how my new packing folder/cube works the next time I pack for a trip.
What are your favorite packing tips??

3 comments:

Nina said...

Looks great!
My packing strategy: never bring more than for a week. If you travel longer, you will do laundry anyway so why pack more clothes. And it is a good excuse to buy new clothes ;)
And I roll my clothes tight: you have more space in your suitcase/backpack and they don't crinkle too bad.
Finally I bring clothes that all match, so I can layer up or down depending on the weather without looking awfully mismatched! And I bring some fancy earrings so that if I have to look dressed up but all my clothes are dirty people will (hopefully) only notice the big sparkly earrings

Your nest trip is coming up soon eh? Have fun!!!!!

christinamg said...

Yes, Nina you are a really good packer! I don't know how you can travel with just a backpack. Sometimes I roll my stuff too. And I shove socks in my boots and shoes. haha.

Nice trick with the earings. :-)

Lost said...

Wow that looks like a seriously good idea... I may have to invest in a couple