Tuesday, May 4, 2010

New Job....New City!!

So, I know this is a travel blog and all.....but this somewhat has to do with "traveling". I just accepted a new job that will have me commuting from Orange County, all the way to Los Angeles daily!! If you live in either of these two areas, you know this is practically a whole new world. Not to mention, I live in South OC. Which means my commute will be approximately 1 1/2 hours each way. This is mainly because of traffic. Mapquest tells me it's only supposed to take 1 hour. Riggggghhhht.

I am debating whether to carpool or take the train. There is a train stop near my house. The train may cost more, but it may be better than the wear and tear on my precious little Nissan Versa! I may try them both out. We'll see if the traffic in LA gives me road rage. OC freeways are packed but as I listen to the radio in the morning, I'm thankful for traveling in OC. The LA freeways always seem to have accidents.

The area where I will be working is near the new hotspot LA Live. Right next to Staples Center and Nokia Center. So, this is a new up and coming area and I'm excited to be a part of it.




I don't really go to LA very often. I'm sure now that I will be working there, I will be able to explore a little bit more. Restaurants, shopping, things to do, etc. I will definitely let you know what I find!

Stay tuned for more posts on life as a city girl! :-)

1 comment:

Cristy Abella said...

Take the Train!!!! It will save you time, and most of all stress. I used to drive from O.C. up to USC and I would just stress out in the car.

congrats BTW! What's the new gig? I will have to come visit!